The Cooled ThermoTherapy™ procedure uses the Targis System which is comprised of
- Control Units
- CTC Advanced Catheter
- Rectal Thermal Sensing Unit (RTU)
- Coolant Bag
- Patient Comfort Kit (microwave catheter holder, RTU holder and knee cushions)
The CoolWave Control Unit refines and advances the delivery of Cooled ThermoTherapy by enabling the physician to tailor cooled, variable-energy microwave treatment for patients. Now you can achieve safe, durable results1 with our next generation Control Unit that offers the ability to customize each treatment based on individual patient need including the ability to:
- Control urethral temperature, urethral coolant temperature, treatment ramp-rate and treatment time
- Optimize energy delivered during the treatment
- Customize the treatment to meet your patients’ needs
The control unit is designed to be easy to use for you and your staff.
- Utilizes intuitive controls to modify treatment parameters during each procedure
- Provides high resolution touch screen for visual treatment feedback and monitoring, including total energy delivered during treatment
- Includes on screen help resources for you and your staff
- Offers both standard and custom protocols
- Includes Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to enable the control unit to wirelessly identify treatment catheters
- Generates detailed patient treatment files
Targis System Control Unit
For more than a decade, the Targis System Control Unit has been instrumental in delivering Cooled ThermoTherapy at urologists’ offices across the country.1
The Targis System Control Unit offers:
- Cooling technology
- Deep heat penetration
- Customizable treatment protocols
When combined with our Cooled ThermoTherapy™ control unit, our state-of-the-art catheter family permits the urologist to produce the lasting results your patients demand while providing the comfort they expect. Treatment with our CTC Advance® Catheter provides an effective 28.5 minute treatment option for patients with symptomatic to obstructive BPH.
We have three catheter lengths to accommodate your patients:
- CTC Advance Short (black lettering/accents) is indicated for prostatic urethral lengths between 2.5 cm and 3.5 cm and delivers 60 watts of focused power.
- CTC Advance Standard (white lettering/accents) is indicated for prostatic urethral lengths between 3.0 cm and 5.0 cm and delivers 75 watts of focused power.
- CTC Advance Long (gray lettering/accents) is indicated for prostatic urethral lengths 4.5cm and above and delivers 75 watts of focused power.
Note: Prostatic Urethral Length must be 2.5 cm or greater. All measurements are from bladder neck to verumontanum.
The CTC Advance Microwave Catheter has additional surface cooling compared to prior generations of catheter design proximal to the catheter’s treatment zone. The advanced cooling is designed to further protect the tissue at the periphery of the treatment area and to enhance comfort for the patient.1
It is also designed for easier insertion with increased flexibility in the treatment area.2
The Cooled ThermoTherapy™ Rectal Sensing Unit (RTU) provides patient safety, comfort and ease of use.
- Five thermosensors relay vital data to software algorithms that regulate treatment and visually display information on the Control Unit
- Balloon designed for placement and position on rectal wall
- Soft balloon design conforms to the patient’s anatomy
- Small profile designed for easy insertion
Ease of Use
- Narrow diameter for easy insertion and orientation
- Disposable, one-time use sheath
The Coolant Bag provides a reservoir of sterile coolant water to the CTC Advanced Catheter.
1Mynderse, L., et al, 5 year Results of a Multi-Center Trial of a New Generation Cooled TUMTfor BPH, Journal of Urology, May 2001 2Data on file at Urologix, LLC.