Cooled ThermoTherapy™ Publications
Since 1991, Urologix’ strong reputation for scientific integrity has been supported by extensive basic science. Nearly 200 peer-reviewed clinical articles and presentations support the efficacy and safety of our products and our consistent clinical results.
Click on articles below to view Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
Durability and General Efficacy
- Results of a 5-Year Multicenter Trial of a New Generation Cooled High Energy Transurethral Microwave Thermal Therapy Catheter for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Mynderse LA, Roehrborn CG, et al., Journal of Urology. Vol. 185, 1804-1811, May 2011.
- Long-Term Pooled Analysis of Multicenter Studies of Cooled Thermotherapy for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Results at Three Months Through Four Years. Trock, M., et al., Urology, 63 (4) pp 716-721 April 2004 B.
- Cooled Thermotherapy for The Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Durability of Results Obtained with the Targis System. P. Miller, et al., Urology, 61 (5) pp. 1160-1165 June 2003.
- Transurethral Microwave Therapy in 200 Patients with a Minimum Follow-Up of 2 Years: Urodynamic and Clinical Results. G. Thalmann, et al., Journal of Urology, Vol. 167, 2496-1502, June 2002.
- A High Efficiency Microwave Thermoablation System in the Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Results of a Randomized, Sham-Controlled, Prospective, Double-Blind, Multicenter Clinical Trial. T. Larson, et al., Urology, 51 (5), 731-742, June 1998.
- A Novel Transurethral Microwave Thermoablation System to Treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia? Results of a Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial. E. Ramsey, et al., The Journal of Urology, vol. 158, 112-119, July 1997.
Cooled ThermoTherapy vs. Medical Management
Interstitial Temperature Mapping
- Efficacy of High-Energy Transurethral Microwave Thermotherapy in Alleviating Medically Refractory Urinary Retention Due to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. D. Kellner, et. al. Urology 64 (4) pp. 703-706, October 2004.
- Transurethral Microwave Thermotherapy (TUMT) with the Targis System: A Single-Centre Study on 78 Patients with Acute Urinary Retention and Poor General Health. A. Berger, et al., European Urology 43 (2003) pp. 176-180
- Microwave Thermotherapy in Patients with Chronic Urinary Retention. B. Djavan et. al., Techniques in Urology, 6(4), 278-281, December 2000.
- High-Energy Transurethral Microwave Thermotherapy in Patients With Acute Urinary Retention Due to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. B. Djavan, C. Seitz, K. Ghawidel, A. Basharkhah, B. Bursa, S. Hruby, and M. Marberger, Urology, vol. 54 (1), 18-22, July 1999.
- Results of a Multi-Center Trial of a New Generation Cooled TUMT for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, C. Roehrborn, L. Mynderse, et al. Presented at the 2009 AUA Annual Meeting.
- Continuing Results of a Multi-Center Trial of a New Generation Cooled TUMT for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, L. Mynderse, C. Roehrborn, et al. Presented at the 2008 AUA Annual Meeting.
- Continuing Results of a Multi-Center Trial of a New Generation Cooled TUMT for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, L. Mynderse, C. Roehrborn, et al. Presented at the 2007 AUA Annual Meeting.
Click here for the Full List